Herringbone tile is one of our most popular patterns - perfect for adding character and style to your space. It's a contemporary twist on a classic look that we've found to be universally loved. We're excited to share yet another project that shows just how incredible this simple tile idea is. This home boasts 3 perfect herringbone tile installations throughout: a deep green laundry room backsplash, a neutral ombre bathroom backsplash, and a bright white shower. Designed and installed by the talented Joinery & Design Co. there's nothing like a sharp interior design team to make our tile shine!
1. Deep Green Laundry Room Backsplash
Ready to go to the dark side? We adore moody glaze colors for a trendy tile statement, and this laundry room did not disappoint. Despite it being a statement wall, it gives us all of the Scandinavian Modern vibes. The talented Joinery & Design Co. accomplished this by surrounding the bold hue with white walls, minimalist decor, and light natural wood cabinetry.
There's nothing we love more than a backsplash topped off with open shelving. Learn why we're such big fans with our blog "Tile + Open Shelving: A Match Made in Heaven"
2. Neutral Ombre Bathroom Backsplash
Ombre is an easy tile customization that brings instant interest and movement to any space. We adore this design with our herringbone tile - it looks like sprinkles falling throughout the woven design of this layout. If you want to do something fun but keep a toned down palette, this white and grey backsplash is for you!
See more neutral ombre projects with our blog "Neutral Ombre Tile Ideas for Your Home"
3. Bright White Shower
This shower if proof that there's no need to get fancy to have a stunning tile installation. For this bright white herringbone shower, we only used one glaze color, 130 White. This glaze is semi-transparent with high variation, which means there is an organic color variation throughout. This is created because of our artisan handmade process, and it's one of the most unique and prized parts of our tile.
Get the 101 on our tile variation with our blog "A Complete Guide to Handmade Tile Variation"
Note on How to Install Tile:
Some of our clients install our ceramic tile themselves, others choose to hire a contractor. It's really a personal preference and dependent on your abilities. Installing the tile yourself can be really fun and we have a few resources to help you through the process. Please note that close attention to detail is crucial, so just be honest with yourself and your DIY abilities!
- We ship our tile on easy-to-install mesh sheeting, designed to make even the most elaborate projects a breeze. Learn more about how this will help you with our blog "Mesh Sheets: The Answer to your Install Questions"
- Read this blog to get a feel if DIYing your tile is something you can do. It includes a tool list and step by step instructions, it's called "How to Install Ceramic Tile 101"
- Here are printable instructions, this is great to both read ahead of time and keep close to you while you're installing. "Tile Installation: Important Instructions"
Photo by @joineryanddesignco