(full-time, 8:30am-5:30pm M-Th, 8:30am-2:30pm F)
Starting Pay: $14.50/hour
A Kiln Master is responsible for following the kiln schedule, ensuring tile is loaded, unloaded and fired correctly and efficiently. They are also responsible for check in the tile, looking it over for any imperfections that may make it unpassable. Once they’ve checked in a complete order, they are responsible for delivering the tile to or coordinating with the next appropriate phase.
- Load and unload tile from the kilns.
- Check in tile and ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure notes provided by the Production Coordinator or the Kilns Lead regarding color variation are achieved on load-out.
- Ensure production order forms are properly completed.
- Follow safety policies.
- Keep the Kilns area, including tools, clean.
- Help the Lead with inventory and other general Kilns tasks.
- Stay productive and on task.
Kiln Masters are routinely required to lift up 25-50 pounds of kiln shelves/other equipment. The job involves standing on your feet all day, bending, and actively preforming repetitive actions in various areas of the phase. No experience is required in any of the above processes, we train all employees in our methods.
We look forward to hearing from you!